Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects company. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
About the Role:
This role requires a strong balance between in-depth technical programming knowledge and development management. You can see the larger picture. You understand how your code may affect different departments and always work in tandem with other programmers to reach your goal. Communication is key for this role as the company has multiple locations, with some staff members working remotely. You are passionate about developing more efficient systems for users and always see projects to their completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write clear, maintainable, portable and highly functional code.
- Work with the production team to ensure that client delivery specifications are met.
- Work with various production software such as Nuke, Maya, Houdini etc. and provide pipeline tools support to all teams.
- Work with IT on hardware and software related problems.
- Work with team at all levels.
- Ensuring that all parties are kept up-to-date with current projects and issues.
- Research, develop and maintain existing and new pipeline tools and scripts.
- Troubleshoot complex pipeline production problems with artists.
- Strong programming and scripting background in C++ and Python (2.7 or higher).
- Background that includes 2+ years of pipeline development experience. With a minimum of 3-5 years CG experience.
- Working knowledge of VFX programs (Maya, Nuke, Mari and Houdini).
- UI development using PyQT / PySide.
- Understanding and Working knowledge of Linux required.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and take direction.
- A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his/her own work.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Animation, Computer Animation, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Houdini Pipeline tool support a plus.
Apply by Email: email@example.com
- Please provide details on any relevant work experience.
* Must be a BC resident, and must be eligible to work in Canada
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.