An I/O VFX Coordinator is responsible for the management of information flow during a project(s). Facilitates the movement of shots between teams, attends daily reviews and creates client deliveries. The coordinator also has direct client interaction that requires highly professional demeanour and diplomacy.
- Work with the team and client in all phases of project management.
- Work with Hydraulx’s network to set up data transfer procedures. Upload and download material from ftp site / aspera.
- Work with production team and pipeline to set up new projects.
- Act as point of contact for client relationships.
- Work with supervisors and producers to create dailies playlists.
- Take notes during dailies and review with supervisors. Ensure all dailies notes are input and emailed to relevant artists and established email groups.
- Maintain database of shot data to include all material sent from client and request any missing material from client
- Set up cinesync sessions with proper playlist material established by clients and supervisors. Save and file all notes and cinesync images, review with supervisors and distribute appropriately
- Maintain current list of all shots statuses and task assignments
- Complete submission forms per client specifications, and submit with every submission to client.
- Monitor plate turnover dates and liaise with studio data team when plates come in
- Ensure clear file structure is in place, create shot directories for all shots. As show progresses, keep on top of new directory needs, and work with artists to create directories when necessary
- Collect client feedback and input into Mavis, and notify relevant artists and email groups
- Review technical client requests and assess feasibility of implementation and/or cost impact.
- Create and distribute technical review notes to staff.
- Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintains steady communication with supervisors, producers, artists and other coordinators.
- Manage render farm priorities: work with crew to establish render needs, and with studio wranglers to ensure that available resource matches needs
- On completion of project, ensure that all shot finals and plates are copied to the studio library/finals area.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
- 1+ years proven production experience in established VFX facility preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
- Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosphere.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, exceptional people skills, ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
- Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills are required; with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management, Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard PC applications.
If applying by e-mail please submit your resume including rate history and availability to: email@example.com