Hydraulx VFX is currently looking for a talented Rigger with well rounded technical skills mixed with strong artistic sensibilities to join our new dynamic team at our Vancouver office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creating and developing fast elegant character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
- Working with modeling and animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters.
- Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
- Creating User Interfaces and tools. Collaborate with animation to come up with creative solutions to technical and performance related issues.
- Working in partnership with R&D programmers, Animators, and Lighting TDs to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Create advanced character rigs and develop innovative methods to meet project objectives.
- Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
- Minimum (1) year work experience rigging in feature film/broadcast VFX production.
- Solid knowledge of rigging systems. Comprehensive knowledge of Maya.
- Skilled in humanoid and quadruped motion.
- Strong technical and creative problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Solid time and project management skills.
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in production and prioritize tasks.
- Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
- Good understanding of the entire visual effects process.
- Working knowledge of Mel ,Python and C++.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to: email@example.com
- Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work).
* Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
*Must be a BC resident, and must be eligible to work in Canada