Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Los Angeles, California with a branch in Vancouver, BC. As a full-service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects.
Hydraulx VFX is currently looking for an exceptional Animation Lead with high level technical skills mixed with strong artistic sensibilities to join our new dynamic team at our Vancouver office immediately!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work together with a tight-knit team. Ensuring clear communication between the team and other departments.
- Adapt to changes and offer solutions to problems encountered. Use your technical/creative background to move production forward in the scope of the project.
- Able to take direction from the CG Supervisor, VFX supervisor. Keep production up-to-date with progress of work.
- Take on shot work and provide reference to team as needed.
- Lead a team of animators of varying experience. Mentor junior animators and provide feedback on performance.
- 4+ years proven production experience in an established VFX facility, in Film and/or Television.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- Proactive in solving technical problems.
- Expert working knowledge of Maya and various rendering software.
- A positive attitude, with an ability to change and adapt with the project.
- Well-rounded experience in various types of CG animation techniques.
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work), ensure there is a detailed description of your work.
* Must be a BC resident, and must be eligible to work in Canada
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.