Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Santa Monica, California with another branch in Vancouver, BC. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Hydraulx VFX is seeking for an accomplished Lighting Artist to join our dynamic creative team.
- Create lighting and deliver rendered 3D scenes.
- Advanced understanding of look development and shading processes.
- Effectively economize, manage and troubleshoot rendering issues.
- Ability to work independently and perform render wrangler tasks.
- On-time renders delivery.
- Work closely with both 3D artists and compositors to seamlessly integrate CG elements within live-action plates.
- Previous experience as a 3D artist in a VFX studio 2+ years.
- Advanced understanding of shading, rendering and look dev.
- Understanding of import/export of Houdini files.
- Ability to organize large 3D files.
- Advanced user of Maya, Mental Ray.
- Nuke knowledge is a plus.
- Expert use of multi pass 3D rendering.Scripting knowledge an asset (Python, MEL).
- Linux experience preferred.Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.Excellent communication skills and a team player spirit.
Please submit your resume and demo reel to:
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Vancouver, BC Canada