Hydraulx VFX is currently looking for a skilled and talented Mid FX Artist to join our dynamic team at our Vancouver office. Immediate start for the right candidate!
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate artistic skill in creating texture assets for effects
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze real life phenomena and translate into animated particle systems (e.g., fire, water, dust, etc.)
- A critical eye and appreciation of cinematic when placing effects
- Finding and dealing with technical issues while using performance metric tools
- Learning to debug and solve technical issues that arise
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets to ensure show/ client deadlines are met
- 2+ years of experience in visual effects
- Strong working knowledge of Houdini and Maya
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Programming experience in MEL and/or PYTHON a plus
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. Project work, personal work)
Please ensure there is a detailed description of your work in particular with your demo reel.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Vancouver, BC Canada
* Must be a current BC resident, or hold a current work permit.