Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in LA, California with branches in Vancouver, BC and New Orleans. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has had the versatility to provide high quality visual effects on such projects as: Stranger Things(2017), X-men: Apocalypse(2017), The Avengers (2012), and Avatar (2009).
Hydraulx VFX is seeking for an accomplished Lighting Artist to join our dynamic creative team.
- Create lighting and deliver rendered 3D scenes.
- Advanced understanding of look development and shading processes.
- Effectively economize, manage and troubleshoot rendering issues.
- Ability to work independently and perform render wrangler tasks.
- On-time renders delivery.
- Work closely with both 3D artists and compositors to seamlessly integrate CG elements within live-action plates.
- Previous experience as a 3D artist in a VFX studio 4+ years.
- Advanced understanding of shading, rendering and look dev.
- Understanding of import/export of Houdini files.
- Ability to organize large 3D files.
- Advanced user of Maya, Mental Ray.
- Nuke knowledge is a plus.
- Expert use of multi pass 3D rendering.
Scripting knowledge an asset (Python, MEL).
- Linux experience preferred.
Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
Excellent communication skills and a team player spirit.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. Project work, personal work)
to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include rate history and availability in the body of the email.