Hydraulx VFX is working on some high profile projects and is currently looking for a talented Senior Look Development/Lighting Artist to join our dynamic team at our Vancouver office immediately!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create lighting and deliver rendered 3D scenes.
- Effectively economize, manage and troubleshoot rendering issues.
- Define and establish the look for photo realistic assets/shot/sequence
- Ensure consistency among shots sharing similar assets or lighting rigs in order to preserve continuity
- Work closely with the compositing departments to distribute and maintain shader, texture and FX libraries as well as ensuring consistency and match of look for specific assets/shots/sequences
- Understand modern texturing principles and how they apply to advanced layered shading networks
- Understand high level rendering/shader network construction principles independent of specific renders
- Work closely with both 3D artists and compositors to seamlessly integrate CG elements within live-action plates.
- Confidently work with texture artists
- Demonstrate the ability to self sufficiently complete less subjective/simpler assets with minimal input from supervisors
- Previous experience as a Look Dev/Lighting artist in a VFX studio 4+ years
- Solid knowledge of fur rendering a plus
- Nuke knowledge is a plus
- Scripting knowledge an asset (Python, MEL)
- Expert use of multi pass 3D rendering, and renderers such as Arnold
- Houdini/Maya, Redshift knowledge an asset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills and a team player spirit
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work), ensure there is a detailed description of your work. Please include rate history and availability.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Vancouver, BC Canada