Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Santa Monica, California with a branch in Vancouver, BC. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Senior Texture Artist creates complicated photo realistic textures and other related maps or images for mapping on to 3D objects using high degree technical skill and artistic judgement.
- Creates textures as assigned by Supervisor in a timely manner, following the creative direction of the production achieving high level of realism.
- Works closely with the other members of the project.
- Keep files efficiently organized and comply with the studio’s technical standards and specifications.
- Accountable for meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Interact with production, supervisors and team to trouble shoot problems related to the assigned tasks.
- 5+ years Texturing experience.
- BA Degree or equivalent experience.
Advanced knowledge of Mari, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox, or similar paint package.
- Knowledge of Maya is a bonus.
- Strong visual skills and color space understanding.
- A good knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Works independently and with production team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent team player.
Excellent file management skills.
Able to adapt to changing requirements.
How to apply:
- Please submit your resume and demo reels with detailed description of your work (e.g. project work and or personal work).
- Please include rate history and availability.
Vancouver, BC Canada
- * Must be a current BC resident, or hold a current work permit.
- Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.